This afternoon I could not get my laptop to turn on. It had a flashing yellow light and nothing I did would wake it up?

I hit both buttons multiple times but nothing would happen.

Fast forward 3 hours and it came back up, It was all messed up with the top on the side & stuff but I was able to fix it.

What happened? Was it undergoing some kind off critical reboot or what?

it usually means it went into standby. **** there is a case where if the laptop battery is exhausted and it goes to standby then there is NO GUARANTEE it will be successful, as it takes a little time and power for it to shutdown and windows SAVES to the CMOS, and therefore it is also the case that if you try and WAKE such a pc whilst the battery is still exhausted (even if PSU is connected) then there is NO GUARANTEE that the CMOS values have not been corrupted by the LOAD/BALANCING/STARTING/SHUTDOWN etc of the pc when it was left at a time when the battery power wasnt enough and the psu was overloaded with a START and CHARGING at the same time, that it would be capable of being succesful. In such a situation, charge the battery above 10% before attempting a restart, and possible CLEAR the CMOS values first(disconnect psu and GENTLY hold in the on button for 30 secs. And it might be prudent to replace a battery if its showing signs of bad cells eg charging jumps up or down quickly suggesting one ore more cells are suspect. All this is guessed as a good reason because when a bios wont start it is because the CMOS has the wrong settings in it and they need defaulting and saving to correct it.

I agree with keerok

• keerok

Recharge overnight and see again in the morning. If problems still exists, bring to the service center.