Jako Shak asked in PetsFish · 6 months ago

I have a question about fish and a fish tank, Please respond if your are a pro.?

So I have 3 10 gallon fish tank and they 2 of them are community tanks with mollies, guppies, zebra danios etc. 1 of them is a betta tank.

I went to this fish store today and say a beautiful peacock bass with some African cichlids and they were the best things ive seen, they were in a 10 gallon tank and I know that is way to small for it so I was Thinking about getting a 20 gallon tank for some aggressive fish but I do not know what kind of tank is the best, I would get a bigger tank like a 30 gallon or 55 maybe but I do not Have any room, So I was wondering what tank would be good with a 20 gallon, like a 20 gallon long or a 20 gallon tall? I was wondering what would be the best for some fish of that Species and any other tips and Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Did you see an African peacock, or a peacock bass,?

Either way, a 20 gallon isn't enough.

Most African cichlids (except dwarf species) would need a minimum of 40-55 gallon and many need larger.

Bass need a lake.

• 6 months ago

The fish in the store are in temporary holding cells. they can not live their lives in those tanks anymore then you could live in an elevator.

A peacock bass gets to 30 inches long, maybe a 1,000 gallon tank could keep it happy. I was drooling over a 300 gallon on craigslist earlier and it was still only 80 somthing inches long. thats about 4 steps for a peacock bass.

If you are going to get a 20 gallon, you need to move the mollies and danios to it, 10 gallons is too small.

Long tanks are almost always better for the fish then tall. Fish , they may explore the top and bottom but want to be able to have a nice swim from side to side.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.