Jako Shak asked in PetsFish · 6 months ago

I have a question about fish and a fish tank, Please respond if your are a pro.?

So I have 3 10 gallon fish tank and they 2 of them are community tanks with mollies, guppies, zebra danios etc. 1 of them is a betta tank.

I went to this fish store today and say a beautiful peacock bass with some African cichlids and they were the best things ive seen, they were in a 10 gallon tank and I know that is way to small for it so I was Thinking about getting a 20 gallon tank for some aggressive fish but I do not know what kind of tank is the best, I would get a bigger tank like a 30 gallon or 55 maybe but I do not Have any room, So I was wondering what tank would be good with a 20 gallon, like a 20 gallon long or a 20 gallon tall? I was wondering what would be the best for some fish of that Species and any other tips and Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Did you see an African peacock, or a peacock bass,?

Either way, a 20 gallon isn't enough.

Most African cichlids (except dwarf species) would need a minimum of 40-55 gallon and many need larger.

Bass need a lake.

The fish in the store are in temporary holding cells. they can not live their lives in those tanks anymore then you could live in an elevator.

A peacock bass gets to 30 inches long, maybe a 1,000 gallon tank could keep it happy. I was drooling over a 300 gallon on craigslist earlier and it was still only 80 somthing inches long. thats about 4 steps for a peacock bass.

If you are going to get a 20 gallon, you need to move the mollies and danios to it, 10 gallons is too small.

Long tanks are almost always better for the fish then tall. Fish , they may explore the top and bottom but want to be able to have a nice swim from side to side.