I have a question about fish and a fish tank, Please respond if your are a pro.?

So I have 3 10 gallon fish tank and they 2 of them are community tanks with mollies, guppies, zebra danios etc. 1 of them is a betta tank. I went to this fish store today and say a beautiful peacock bass with some African cichlids and they were the best things ive seen, they were in a 10 gallon tank and I know... show more So I have 3 10 gallon fish tank and they 2 of them are community tanks with mollies, guppies, zebra danios etc. 1 of them is a betta tank.

I went to this fish store today and say a beautiful peacock bass with some African cichlids and they were the best things ive seen, they were in a 10 gallon tank and I know that is way to small for it so I was Thinking about getting a 20 gallon tank for some aggressive fish but I do not know what kind of tank is the best, I would get a bigger tank like a 30 gallon or 55 maybe but I do not Have any room, So I was wondering what tank would be good with a 20 gallon, like a 20 gallon long or a 20 gallon tall? I was wondering what would be the best for some fish of that Species and any other tips and Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!