I was fully cooperating detained briefly car impounded for 2 days for secret compartment found during DUI good shot at my lawsuit?

Wife and I were pulled over for breaklight out. While we were pulled over they had me do sober test I passed they were very nice until I turned my car on by remote andy floors secret compartment opens up with my emergency kits. (It came with car I bought during auction and was air conditioned so it I pit kit n... show more Wife and I were pulled over for breaklight out. While we were pulled over they had me do sober test I passed they were very nice until I turned my car on by remote andy floors secret compartment opens up with my emergency kits. (It came with car I bought during auction and was air conditioned so it I pit kit n bottles of water in there) they asked me to put my hands on my head cuff me asking my wife step out (didn't cuff her idk why not) and officer had her sit in cruiser back seat cuz it was raining little. They searched the bag and the compartment and found nothing than proceeded to search the whole car. About 15 min later a dog arrived and didn't hit so they informed me they were going to impound my car and search it for drugs which they just did! And offered us a ride home we went cause rain I have no record neither doesn't wife and we live in NJ nowhere near boarder and secret compartment not ilegal here. They gave it back 2 days later not damaged bit seat is just funny like off angle. Was this legal can I sue I wasn't under investigation no record but one Officers said he phoned a judge and had warrant because of compartment and I believe him but I'm still going to try will I win in court? Did I do anything wrong?