How would someone with an undergraduate GPA below a grad school's requirement get in, if I had been out of school for a few years already?

So I'm attempting to get into graduate school to obtain a Master's degree. I've been out of undergrad for 2.5 years after graduation. Been in law school for 2 of those years, but decided to leave after realizing that law isn't a career I want to fully commit myself to. So the past 3 months, I've... show more So I'm attempting to get into graduate school to obtain a Master's degree. I've been out of undergrad for 2.5 years after graduation. Been in law school for 2 of those years, but decided to leave after realizing that law isn't a career I want to fully commit myself to. So the past 3 months, I've been spending my time studying for the FSOT, since I was interested in the diplomatic field and wanted to see what score I can get on my first attempt at it.

Unfortunately,my undergrad GPA weren't anything near impressive (only had a 2.8). But all 16 schools offering the field I want to obtain a Master's in, that I am planning to apply to in December, require an undergrad GPA of at least 3.0 or better. Is there anything I can say or do when I start my application in a few months to help increase the chance of me getting admitted?