promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Question so I sold a vehical to someone for $1500 an?

Question so I sold a vehical to someone for $1500 and was not able to get the title but I did sign a bill of sale. And he said he wants to return the car and get is money back. So we agreed to do that. And u can read it on messenger. But a few days later tells me he is going to sell the car but when I have the title in my hand and it is in my name. Do I have the write to call the police and report it stolen or something or go get my vehical back I live in Arkansas

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

No, you can't call the police. Just give him the title and move forward because now he has to provide that title to the person he sold it to.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

If you did not have a title in your name, it was not your car to sell. A bill of sale does not prove ownership. No, it is a civil matter not a police matter, Tell him to return the vehicle and you will return his money.

Then apply for a lost title before you do anything else with it.

• 1 year ago

You sold a vehicle with no title. NO, you did not. You cannot sell any vehicle without a title. You are just letting him drive a car that is titled in your name. You may have his $1500 but he does not own the car, you do. You could also be held liable if he gets into an accident. Very bad idea. If you refunded his money then tell him to return the car or you will report it stolen.

• 1 year ago

You didn't have to take the car back. Do you have the $1500 or not? If you have it, he can sell the car. If you don't he just sold YOUR car.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

If he gave you the car back, and you gave him his money back, you own the car

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

No, the car was not stolen, he paid you for it. You have the obligation to provide him with a title.

• 1 year ago

It's not legal to sell a vehicle with out the title.

If you gave him his money back and he refuses to give you the vehicle go to the police before the car gets stripped down for parts!

• Never
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Wait. You refunded him or not? And if you did, why didn't you get the car back?

You can call off the deal or you can go thru with it and give him the title.

Only an idiot would refund him and let him keep the car. Its NOT stolen, you gave it away.

• 1 year ago

Right now, that depends on where the money is. If he has both the car and the money he's ripping you off and you should call the police. If you have the money then it's not your car any more and should hand him the title (you say it's in hand). If you haven't done so yet you need to report the sale to the state so you don't get in trouble for horrors the car is involved in later.

• Never
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Its not car theft if he gave him the money back and did not get the car. Police would call it a civil matter meaning he could sue the guy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.