Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 7 months ago

What is this second hose on my lawnmower carburetor?

There is the fuel inlet and that I understand, But there is a softer hose coming out of the top of the carburetor which leads to some kind of plastic deviceup to the rear of the flywheel. Hard to explain without a photo. Too late in the day for a photo.

This is a Tecumseh engine and a Yardman mower.

5 Answers

  • 7 months ago

    It's a crankcase vent to suck blowby back into the carb so it can be burned and not vented to the atmosphere

  • 7 months ago

    This is a gas pipe!

  • 7 months ago

    It is a return hose that allows fuel back into the gas tank. When you press the rubber primer bulb and the carbie fuel bowl is full, the float stops any more fuel going in.

  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

    The second hose goes to the crankcase PCV vent.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

    a picture is worth a 1,000 words

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.