Why do I feel like I still can’t breathe properly after choking hours ago?

Okay so, I lost my breath when I swallowed my saliva awkwardly and then started choking on the chewing gum that was in my mouth. I couldn’t breathe at all out of my mouth and was gasping for air to the point that I was going light headed. After I finally caught my breath and could breathe some a bit better I kept... show more Okay so, I lost my breath when I swallowed my saliva awkwardly and then started choking on the chewing gum that was in my mouth. I couldn’t breathe at all out of my mouth and was gasping for air to the point that I was going light headed. After I finally caught my breath and could breathe some a bit better I kept feeling the need to cough but was scared to incase I couldn’t breathe again so I kept coughing slowly and carefully (I could taste the mint chewing gum in my throat lol) . I was literally shaking like I was so scared and thought I was going to die🙃 after sitting still trying to calm down for 10 mins I tried to drink water to get the chewing gum down and it kind of worked but now, 6 hours later I feel like my throat is a bit tight like there is something still there. I can breathe properly but feel like if I cough or eat anything I’ll start choking again.

What could this feeling in my throat be? Is it just the chewing gum working it’s way down or could it be tightness from straining my throat when choking?
0