Not sure whether I should get Iphone 7 or Iphone 8?

I've been using crappy 50 dollar phones for a couple of years that break every few months. I've started looking at Iphones and started thinking of having a phone long term until I graduate which is in 2-3 years so which one is better in the long run the 7 or the 8? because i see no difference in the phones im just curious what others think.

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure if trying to misspell an insult will get a person out of trouble. Probably not considering that it would fall into the same realm as someone who accidently misspelled any other swear word. Please keep in mind that I.P. address and usernames are still logged, so going Anonymous means nothing unless you're using a VPN on a disposable account. Technicalities don't count, intentions do. Keep it civil.

The person asking the question might decided to use the phone longer than 2-3 years for a variety of reasons.

The iPhone 5 which came out in 2012 is not supported by iOS 12. Basically you're going to get 5 years out of the phone and the last year or 2 will be a drag. Keep in mind that 5g capable phones are beginning to roll out and this will result in apps and webpages containing more bits and bytes to process. Time will be the judge on how long these phones last. At the same time, 5g is just starting to roll out so it will take a couple years to mature.

As one user pointed out, the iPhone 7 is more durable. The reason is the iPhone 8 uses a Glass back while the iPhone 7 and previous models are using aluminum. The Glass back is to facilitate wireless charging. Durability probably won't be an issue if you use an Otterbox case.

Apple claims the A11 CPU in the iPhone 8 is 25% faster than the A10 in the 7-series, but in some benchmarks the result is less than 20%. The difference between the A11 CPU and newer A12 in the XR and XS is 10% to 15% This won't be an issue if you just use the phone for browsing the web and lighter tasks.

The iPhone 8 is also better with mobile gaming.

The 8 is slightly better at all things but if you don't do a lot with your phone then you won't need those extra features. If the 8 is say $100 more than the 7 then I'd pay the extra, but that's me. If you're going to save $200 or more on the iPhone 7 then it's certainly the better deal.

iPhone 7.

More worth your money and less expensive

Difference is that when the iPhones break they cost more than $50 to replace - regardless of which model you get.

• Rico

XR is the only option

The 8 will last a year or so longer, os update wise. It is a little more fragile than the 7. The 7 will work as well and even as long as the 8. It'll still work fine without the latest os version. Both the 7 and the 8 will be receiving ios 13. If you don't care about the os than get the 7. It's cheaper, more durable, and run almost as fast as the 8. Get the 8 if you want wireless charging. I'd recommend iPhone 7 since you don't sound like a person who cares about the os. They both don't have headphone jacks! Automatically out of the question for me.

• P

The iPhone 7 and 8 are just expensive versions of the iPhone 6S for suckers. Save some money and buy the iPhone 6s or buy a real current generation iPhone like the XR that will last you a few years longer.

You should get the 8 if you want better camera quality and better quality in general, but if you want something cheaper than I suggest you get the 7. There's not much of a difference between the two of we're being honest. Just the camera quality I suppose.

If you don't see a difference then buy the cheaper one. Apple will support both of those with software updates for the next 10 years or so. Besides cost the biggest difference is the available capacity. Do you really need 64 Gb or will 32 Gb meet your needs.

@SRASC, read the damn question before you comment on my answer, dumbphuck. They only plan to use the phone for 2-3 years.

• SRΛSC

Though Apple support their phones for a while that while isn't 10 years. Usually 6-7.

• .

Depends on your budget and what you do with it. I still use my old iPhone 7 and I actually bought it out from contact back in March. So now I own it outright with no monthly payments.

• Get an Android phone