promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Amy Amy asked in PetsDogs · 1 year ago

Dog walker question?

So I walk a dog in a neighborhood for an hour. What should I do if the dog poops when I’m 20 minutes in and have 40 minutes left to go.....do I hold the bag of poop in my hand for the rest of the time? It’s so gross! I don’t want to leave the bag somewhere then pick it up later bc I don’t want anyone to see me and think I’m just leaving the bag there. I’m just not sure what to do. I don’t want to throw it in random people’s garbage also.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You pick it up and carry it with you. Its part of walking a dog. If you can find a free trash can go ahead and toss it in, but if not just hold onto it and toss it out at the dog owner's house.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

Many people will do this (leave it to pick up the bag later) - provided they are going to return the say way they went out in. Many people don't pick up their bags however, so you just have to hold onto the bag until you find a dog pooh bin, or bring it home.

• 1 year ago

It's illegal to put a bag of poop on the ground even if you plan to go back and get it. But what sort of idiot are you that you what - walk in a straight line?? Go small routes around the block so you're always passing back by the house you started at.

I shudder to think that you could be walking other people's dogs if you are really this stupid.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

In MY area you hold on to it until you get home. It is illegal to dump it in a trash bin. It is illegal to dump it in a garbage can.

I carry a second bag to put the first bag in and, yes, sometimes I'd rather be anywhere else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Pin, tie, tuck a plastic grocery bag to your waist & put the bagged poop in it til you have a chance to trash it.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

just take rnore than one bag with you and throw it in a publish trash sornewheres

• ...Show all comments
    • Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Dog Pooh should only go into a dog pooh bin. If there are none, you are a touch stuffed, but you can always double bag and put it in your trash.

• 1 year ago

You can carry a small bag to carry all the poop bags until you get to a public trash can or the end of you walk.

• Sometimes you just have to hold onto the poo. That's what I do when I take the pup for a walk. Take a few extra grocery bags with you so you can have a few layers of plastic holding the poo.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.