Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 7 months ago

Does my puppy look English or American? He is a white lab but he is turning yellow and i don’t know why.?

He looks PRECIOUS and your lucky to have him. Take good care of him and love him EVERY SECOND, time for the Rainbow Bridge comes quicker than you will ever expect.

Puppies can change color as they grow up to adulthood.

There's no such thing as "white Labs". If this was a pedigreed dog you would know the colour is YELLOW which can range from cream to yellow to reddish.

But since you CLEARLY have a backyard breeder dog then it's likely a MUTT.

• TK

Labrador Retrievers have three colors: black, chocolate, yellow. The yellow can be anything from a cream to a foxy red.

There is NO such thing as a "white" lab. What you have is a really pale YELLOW lab

• Nekkid Truth!

Then you should have chose a breed that actually comes in white.

The Labrador Retriever breed only comes in three acceptable colors: yellow, chocolate or black. The written breed standard, does not describe a Labrador as American or English.

https://www.thelabradorsite.com/white-labradors/

The "white" color is actually a pale yellow or cream. The lighter color YOU CALL white, is rarely ever a true white and often "yellows" or darkens as the puppy matures. More often, the color is known as "English Cream" and is more associated with breeders in England who have bred for the lightest possible version of the coat, but in the USA it is NOT the preferred color, either for hunting or for show and your dog may actually be LOOKED DOWN ON (in hunting circles, because the dog WILL STAND OUT rather than blending in, when you are out in fields shooting) or "may" be penalized (in the show ring) for this coat color (with a "lack" of coat pigment). It is NOT what is in fashion or what is winning, or correct - according to the breed standard.

• sarah7 months agoReport

I know it’s not known as white but as yellow but I like it to be light yellow as possible. I didn’t buy him for field shootings or any kind of event but it sounds awesome.I bought him as a pet I love the lightly yellow Labrador. Thank you for your information have a nice day!

He’s just beautiful.

White labs are a little yellow, it’s normal.

English labs tend to be stockier than American labs, he looks pretty sturdy to me but with puppies it is so hard to tell...

• sarah7 months agoReport

Thank you for answering my question and he said thank you for calling him beautiful.

White Lab

White Labrador Retrievers will have pigmented noses and dark eyes, as well as distinctive white fur. Their fur will almost always contain touches of cream or yellow, especially around the ears. A white Lab puppy will often have yellow ears.

White Labradors - The Labrador Site

The Labrador Site

https://www.google.com/search?q=white+labrador+ret...

rnaybe you need to ask your vet why hes turning yellow

why is that It is actually just a very pale version of a yellow Labrador.