How did the people on 'steerage' on the Titanic not go nuts knowing there were crazy luxurious balls going on upstairs?

If I were stuck on the low decks knowing the rich people upstairs were eating duck pate and drinking the finest wines, smoking the finest cigars and listening to Johann Strauss. I'd crash it even if I had to STEAL somebody's tux and introduce myself as Jean-Luc Edmond Bartram-Wellington, 5th Baronet of... show more If I were stuck on the low decks knowing the rich people upstairs were eating duck pate and drinking the finest wines, smoking the finest cigars and listening to Johann Strauss. I'd crash it even if I had to STEAL somebody's tux and introduce myself as Jean-Luc Edmond Bartram-Wellington, 5th Baronet of Sussex.

Luckily if I were on that ship, I'd be First Class given that I'm of noble lineage and have all this abounding money.

Still though!
Update: Jack? Actually I'm more like Caledon Hockley, but who actually gets the girl.