What is heaven like?

Is heaven all it’s cut out to be? I’m a Christian, so please don’t type that “It’s not real” bs. I’ve had my doubts too, but I prefer to believe in heaven than to believe in everything just going black for all of eternity. But is it really that good? I’ve heard it’s perfect but is it really? Is there any proof that God wants us to be happy for all of eternity? Is it really perfect if the big G is like “Yo I’ve all powerful and stuff so I just brainwashed you into thinking worshipping me for all of eternity is good, your “human needs” and “human wants” are not important up here lol”. That would suck ***. To me heaven like that wouldn’t be perfect. So please, does anyone know if God wants it to really be perfect? Can I have fun with my friends? Can I spend time with family? Can I be an idiot, play kazoo, quote memes and just be myself? If someone has any information please share

• Elaine

CS Lewis has a pretty good description in his "The Last Battle"

• Drone

By imagination it should be just simple living with no complications or threats..

heaven is whatever you’d imagine YOUR heaven to be like

You "prefer to believe" in one thing over another? What does preference have to do with it? And why would you imagine that someone here would know more about this mythological place than you would, even if it existed? Most major religions have some kind of wonderful afterlife, that's how they attract followers. And every sect and every denomination of every religion has a different take on it, different 'rules' for getting there, and differing parts of all their various books and scriptures that THEY think describes what it's like, but none of them fully agree with each other. So again, why would you ask random people on the internet to describe to you the features of a place that MIGHT exist, but that no one alive has ever been to, assuming that it exists? Can you please, PLEASE explain your logic?

• A

According to the Bible, the little it speaks about Heaven shows it to be an organized place, as well as glorious since Jehovah God Himself. In short, it's perfect...for those that belong there. The scriptures state that only a limited number of people are going to Heaven, and that these ones are chosen by Jehovah and Jesus, people don't choose for themselves. (Revelation 14:1-4) So what about the rest of the righteous/good people that don't go to Heaven? The scriptures point out that they will live upon the Earth, with evil people no longer in existence. (Proverbs 2:21 & 22; Psalms 37:10, 11, 28 & 29) Also, everything that makes life miserable now (besides bad people...) will be done away with. (Revelation 21:4) So basically, it's not surprising for people to feel like they don't belong in/want to go to Heaven, since the majority of people will end up on Earth in the future.

Source(s): New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, JW.org
  • better than anyone can imagine, dear.

• EddieJ

Everyone gets a personal Star Trek holodeck.

Nobody can be certain what heaven or hell looks like and is. Except God who owns the domains.

• In my beliefs, Heaven is not a place you go to, that belief developed around the 1st century AD, maybe 2nd century debatably. As far as I know, Heaven is the home of the gods, and they never claimed humans were allowed to go there. When we die we will enjoy eternal sleep.

• Chris

Heaven is eternal activities, goals, purposes, joy, love, and plans of the Lord! It will be amazing!

.

The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death