How do people stay in super long relationships without getting bored?

i used to have a new relationship every 3 months when i was in college because there's a certain high you get when you meet someone new. i've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and so i clearly don't feel excited anymore, the butterflies are long gone. this is the ONLY long term relationship ive ever... show more i used to have a new relationship every 3 months when i was in college because there's a certain high you get when you meet someone new. i've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and so i clearly don't feel excited anymore, the butterflies are long gone. this is the ONLY long term relationship ive ever been in. i'm getting bored 4 years in i wonder how on earth people manage 20 and 30 years LOL seems an awful long time to be in love with one person. sometimes i find myself flirting with other men unintentionally because i love to feel desired by a new and exciting man.