wedding coordinator, should they be included to have a sit down dinner?

No. They are an employee like the caterer's/servers, photographer, etc.. You can feed them, but its improper to seat them with your guests. It's not uncommon for the caterer to offer vendor meals separate from what is served to the guests.

No - the co-ordinator is not a guest

If they're attending the wedding to work, you'd generally provide food, as with any other 'staff' (eg DJ, photographer) - most venues will offer something (whether a full meal or sandwiches)

I would say feed them in the kitchen.

• drip

Staff doesn’t want them in the kitchen.

You will feed the coordinator, but he/she is not a guest that will be sitting with the other guests.

• Kelly

Depends on their contract they may have meals included in it or even a lunch break.

Myself, I get hungry when I work so I assumed my vendors did too. In the contract or not.. I fed them.

If meals are in their contract that doesn't necessarily mean you have to serve them the same thing you do for your guests. Most venues have a kitchen area where they can eat and you can have something brought in for them (pizza, etc). I though fed my vendors the same thing the guests had.

Check the contract. Some vendors require a meal, others do not (and in that case you can either offer some food or not, but it would be considerate to ask them if they'd like you to arrange for food for them).

If they're working, then if they get a meal or some appetizers it won't be at a table with guests. The hall probably has a side room where vendors can store their stuff and eat. It's not like she'll be sitting at a table with Aunt Bertha and chatting.

If your reception is at a hall or is being professionally catered, then talk to the staff about how they handle vendor meals. In most cases it's either free or cheap (not the cost of the guests' plates, anyway) to feed them through the caterer. Sometimes you can have different food for them, in which case you can have pizza or sandwiches delivered if you wish.

At my wedding I asked all the vendors if they needed a meal. I had a DJ who said no thanks, and two photographers - the second photog/assistant left before dinner so she didn't need any food. The main photographer said he would make himself a plate of hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour, and he also had some dessert and coffee near the end of the night ... so he ate, yes, but he didn't want a formal plated dinner like the guests got.

• drip

YES. Your bridal coordinator and your photographer are there the entire day, It would be extremely rude not to allow them to have a decent meal

• drip

So they are suppose to leave to go get lunch? That doesn’t happen during a wedding. The photographer is going non stop all day long during the wedding. A wedding consultant can be going all day too.

• Cory

yes. She gotta eat too. Probably not a seat at a table. But a plate she can set aside for after.

Source(s): experience working weddings
  • Yes. They should be included in your head count along with your photographer, and your band/DJ.

• Kelly

Vendors are not guests therefore not included in the headcount. If their contract stipulates a meal, you're not required to serve them the same food you serve your guests.

Only if they implement the veer.