Will a D on my transcript hurt my chances at college significantly?

My college goal is on the tier of UNC or a good state school. I have done really well in school, and I am currently a junior. The thing is, I have gotten all A's throughout these three years and taking 2-3 AP classes every year. However, I had one grade below an A, and that was a D. I got a D in precalc my... show more My college goal is on the tier of UNC or a good state school. I have done really well in school, and I am currently a junior. The thing is, I have gotten all A's throughout these three years and taking 2-3 AP classes every year. However, I had one grade below an A, and that was a D. I got a D in precalc my sophomore year. I performed really poorly in that class and combined with an awful teacher, my grade suffered then. I know you can get into a good college with some bad grades, but I am wondering if this one D will be a signal of a red flag for colleges.
1 answer 1