Will a D on my transcript hurt my chances at college significantly?

Ok, I’m currently a freshman, and I received a D this year in precalc class. I take a challenging course load, and I took advanced math and English in middle school, so I got algebra 1,2, and geometry before high school. I take one Ap history class and 11th grade English. I have all a’s beside my D in precalc,... show more Ok, I’m currently a freshman, and I received a D this year in precalc class. I take a challenging course load, and I took advanced math and English in middle school, so I got algebra 1,2, and geometry before high school. I take one Ap history class and 11th grade English. I have all a’s beside my D in precalc, including my Ap class. I want to go to schools of the U of M, UNC, UVA tier. I will still have a decent gpa, and grades are finalized. I am only a freshman, and some of my friends told me colleges don't really pay too much attention to freshman grades besides GPA. However, I am worried one failing grade will kill my chances at a good college.