Do you think a relationship could ever work like an exercise routine?

The bible says that a wise man who rebukes you will in the long term win more favour than a selfish flatter who always tells you what you want to hear In the short term rebuke is depressing and painful and uncomfortable But in the long term - it leads to positive spiritual, social and relationship gains I used... show more The bible says that a wise man who rebukes you will in the long term win more favour than a selfish flatter who always tells you what you want to hear

In the short term rebuke is depressing and painful and uncomfortable

But in the long term - it leads to positive spiritual, social and relationship gains

I used to know a guy who complained about how I was mean and rude to guys who wanted to date me but he also seemed to have more respect for me and treat me better whenever I did something that he thought was mean or rude

I wasn't rude in the aggressive sense but would be rude to guys who tried to get sexual with me

So sometimes a little bit of pain and discomfort makes the relationship better