Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 7 months ago

Is bare a good paint brand. Want to paint my room and heard good things about bear so far but still not sure?

It is BEHR. . Bare is nothing on the wall. Bear can be on the wall after you shoot it and skin it. It is one of the upper tier paints. I would you a cheaper brand and that paint lasts 40+ years. No paint is meant to be a 1 coat paint job(like they advertise). Too hard to do that kind of job...so it is false advertising...in a way. Plan on 2 coats and that way when you do the second coat the next day...you hit the spots you missed the first time...and it is more even in the finish. The price usually indicates its quality. The more it costs, the better it is.(basically true in this case)

• KLB

Baer is an excellent brand of paint. So is Sherwin Williams.

Yes it's good just painted my bedroom with it and very happy with behr

I have spoken to professional painters and have heard mixed reviews, so it is really hard to KNOW, until you try it.

I did some research and because Behr has good reviews on it's UV protection, that is what I used in a very sun filled room in my home. Thus far, there is no fading, but it has not yet even been a year since I painted. The Behr went on very well and had fantastic coverage. Plus, zero splat marks on my eye glasses.

But, overall, I love Benjamin Moore paints, but the prices have gone so high and I am not convinced that overall it is the BEST paint out there. I repaint about every 7 to 10 years and have never been unhappy with any paint I have tried, whether it be Pittsburgh, Ben Moore, Behr or Sherwin Williams.

You managed to spell it wrong- twice. BEHR.

https://www.behr.com/consumer

It's BAER and it IS a good brand.

• mike m

So much for correcting with an incorrect spelling of your own.

There are always grades of quality within a line, the quality Behr always gets top ratings from consumer report, Benjamin Moore is good but pretty pricey, as is Dunn Edwards.

• Pat F85

Behr is thick like mayonnaise but pretty decent. Ben Moore is the best IMO.

• Marduk

It is barely paint. I've never had a good Bahre paint job. Benjamin Moore for a good paint job.

Behr is good paint, lotsa good paint. Behr is considered a premium brand, I think Benjamin Moore is as good as it gets. Any paint will work a lot better if you do proper surface prep. If you don't prep right, you get garbage in, garbage out.

Behr. Yes. I use it almost exclusively.