why are people homophobic?

i genuinely cannot understand it. why do you think this why. why do you think its okay to hate someone for who they love. homophobia is not an opinion. opinions should not hurt people and say they are disgusting.

to all my lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgenders: you’re awesome!!! have a great day (including everyone)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Mainly because of religion and parents hammering it into their kids head that being gay is wrong. If people were able to come up with their own opinion on it I think far fewer people would be homophobic.

• 7 months ago

They are taught to be, by society, parents, and anti-gay hate speech, in most churches, by ignorant people.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

People fear what they don't know.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Blame religion!!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Because hating on homos is FUN! Homophobia is a congenital condition, science is finding more evidence to support this conclusion every day.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

The same reason they dislike anything else that’s disgusting.

• 7 months ago

Ignorance.

• 7 months ago

I think a lot of people confuse the lack of support with homophobia. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't necessarily mean that you are afraid of it. It's easy to generalize a few people as an accurate representation of a nationwide opinion and that's where chaos begins. I think perspective is essential in this case because everyone chooses to argue with the facts that are best proving of their point as opposed to the entirety of the facts.

• 7 months ago

Among other possibilities, humans seem to have an innate need to feel superior to others, to have some group that it's okay to abuse and exclude and to blame for society's ills.

• Alain7 months agoReport

Yes. I' am the youngest brother in my house. I get blamed for everything.

• 7 months ago

Because crazy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.