How to fix a curved shower rod that's falling out?

I would prefer to fix it myself, is there a DIY method for this?

Update:

If you don't have the answer, please don't respond to the question.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • hart
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

with liquid steel

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I made one out of a pvc pipe about 1- 1/4I think. It fits into fittings designed for closet hanger rod. A simple screw at each end--but you must have something to screw into.

Or if you have one of those tub to shower conversions of aluminum pipe, then you need to get a drill and some sheet metal screws to hole the pipe inside the joint. Only then will it not fall out continuously.

• 6 months ago

just get a new one -- they're cheap. it is almost impossible to re-bend [straighten] a shower rod that is no longer straight

• 6 months ago

Have the 10 year old next door fix it, I'm sure he will know how.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

put new wall plugs in and use bigger screws

• hooray
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

It's almost certainly possible to repair, but nobody can advise without knowing much more about the problem and circumstances. What's failing? How is the rod supported? What material are the supports attached to and how? You need to describe in detail and probably provide some photos. In person it would be easy, but right now it's all guesswork.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

If you cannot figure how to fix something this simple out your self then no instructions will help you at all.

Asker, I have a curved one also. The day I become to stupid to repair it will be the day I call someone else to repair the simple job, NOT get on YA and ask a dumb question. You already look like an idiot just by asking this question so don't go calling others names.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

The day I become to stupid to repair it will be the day I call someone else to repair the simple job,
      How many years have you been hiring others to post answers on Yahoo?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.