Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 year ago

Over the past 6 years I have had 2 concussions, and I have been considering playing football next year. Should I?

for some information:

I'm 12 years old

the most recent concussion was 4 months ago

i have fully recovered from all injuries

also, both concussions have been minor

i am in contact with my doctor, while waiting for a response i'm getting a few extra opinions

• Cu Tie
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I highly encourage you to play for your school's football team this upcoming season.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this summer (and every offseason) is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch football player, as well as greatly reduce your risk of suffering another concussion or injury.

• y
    1 year ago

I would say so, if you want play then play. But I'm from an era before this was a concern, before it was even thought. If you could go, then you played, if not, get out of sight.

• Sure. I mean, some people will question your masculinity if you choose not to play, but really, being able to remember your name in 15-30 years is overrated. Constant headaches, memory loss, depression, and eventual suicidal thoughts is how you know it's working. Joking aside, this is a conversation to have with a doctor. I'd also give strong consideration to watching the Frontline documentary "League of Denial" which deals with the NFL's ongoing issue with concussions.

• 1 year ago

Concussions are good for you; they clear the sinuses.

1 year ago

i would ask your doctor about it

• 1 year ago

Reported. You have to be 13 to have a Yahoo! account.

1 year ago

Really good idea getting the sound medical advice available here instead of a doctor. You'll save a lot of money.

• 1 year ago

You're too young to take such a serious risk your health and your future by playing football. Is it worth risking your future just to play a game that means nothing to your future.

1 year ago

Keep your future and don't play football.

• 1 year ago

Yeah, just be more careful