I’m really confused about what some bees were doing earlier ??

So I was walking out of school when I heard some buzzing coming from somewhere else, it was quite late so there was no one else around so I went to investigate what it was.. when I went to check there were like 4 bees flying in really crazy motions and spinning in circles on the floor. I tried to help them, when I... show more So I was walking out of school when I heard some buzzing coming from somewhere else, it was quite late so there was no one else around so I went to investigate what it was.. when I went to check there were like 4 bees flying in really crazy motions and spinning in circles on the floor. I tried to help them, when I picked one of them up it just flew off but the other 3 just continued to do it and one of them died, I felt really useless and didn’t know what to do. I just don’t know what would have caused it?? They looked like they were different types of bees too so they wouldn’t of come form the same hive ?? Any answers ??