What should I do with a wild injured hedgehog?

I let my dog out into the garden and it found a hedgehog and attacked it. There was some blood but it doesn’t look like it’s come from my dog. I’ve brought the hedgehog inside incase it is injured but I’m not really sure what to do to help it. Does anyone know the best thing to do for it please?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Best suggestion is to find a local wildlife rehabber that is prepared to handle such cases.

Even with no visible signs of injury it is still a good likelihood for internal injury.

If you choose to take on this challenge, your first stop should be a qualified vet.

• Dixon
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It would help if you said where you are. In the UK there are various institutions and private individuals who will take it on. They eat meat and drink water, not bread and milk, and they like to be in cover.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Take him to a veterinary clinic. Those are medical institutions that are designed to treat animals.

• 7 months ago

bring it too the aspca or the rspca

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Call animal control and have it picked up. NO, they will not kill it, they will take it to a rehab center and release it when it's all healed and ready to go.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.