Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 7 months ago

What to do about mice in my house?

Specifically in my shoes. I had a shoe rack in my closet, and the mice have been climbing on the shoe rack shelves. They were all in my shoes and ruined most of them to the point where I had to throw them away. There is a hole behind the radiator in my room; I patched it up with foam insulation for now but it didn’t seem to work. I’ve switched to an over the door shoe organizer, and it seems they can get to the first few rows of that too. I’m really confused and fed up. My mother thinks they try to get to my work shoes because I work in a restaurant on the weekends.. any help? I’ve tried rodent repellent (the spray), dryer sheets, etc...

I came across the method of using peppermint oil for hard to reach places – I couldn’t get the high concentration oil cheaply so tried some of those solid air fresheners that evaporate over time – the very cheap chemical smelling ones (they say they are lavender) – haven’t had a rodent since. Don’t know that I would like to put one in my closet.

• hart

they like your food

Use traps or poison

• Do you have money for an exterminator ? An exterminator would know how to find out how they're getting in and he'd spray your house with poison to put a stop to them . When my friend had mice in his trailer, his landlady gave him a few mouse traps that contained poison , He hid the mouse traps in his cupboards, and the mice found these mouse traps, ate the poison, and died . It's gruesome to come home and find a dead mouse in the middle of the floor, but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs .

• Karen

He'd spray the house with mouse poison? Really? Nice analogy, by the way. Again, I'm interested in the whole mouse spray idea.

Get a cat or two.

Mouse traps. Bait with peanut butter.

They maybe getting into your room from other oversized holes in other radiators in the house, so check all of them and fill all holes. Also, check under the sink for oversized plumbing holes as well. If you live in a house, you can sprinkle flour around the foundation of the house. In the morning, you can see their trails and determine how they are getting into the house. Plug those holes.

Best suggestion I have is those electronic rodent repellers, they do work well. It annoys rodents badly and they pack up an leave. good sides, no traps, no dead mice no poisons or baits,,,just no mice.

Deploy the devices where you find their evidence,,easy, just plug them in.

Not suggested if you keep rodents or caviy's for pets, it will drive them insane.

Hurry or you can get rat mites on your body and they can take years to get rid of. Took me two years.

• don r

Electric mouse traps are very effective.