Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 7 months ago

What should I do when I think my teacher is disclosing my my IQ and lerning disability?

I think one of my teachers got a hold of my records and is disclosing it to people

• J-Dawn

Who are they disclosing it to? And do you have proof?

Disclosing it to other teachers is fine. I have seen art and music teachers get copies of ieps. I have also seen teachers announce to the class. I don’t know the rules against that. In the workplace they don’t keep any disability paperwork private. I don’t think it’s right but not sure if it’s illegal or if there’s rules against it.

• SimplytheFACTS

in the US, employers are not supposed to disclose...and it is illegal to disclose to other students

As a former teacher, in my experience, we are not allowed to share whatever information we have pertaining to your disability with anyone. If another colleague has you in their class, they should be aware of whatever disability you may have. We can converse, but it should only be in your favor, to benefit your education. I believe a teacher may lose their license. Some states have strict laws and lots of districts are sued when a teacher does not follow whatever plan you have in place. If you are in the public school system and are in grade pk-12, then no.

You need to give us more information so we can understand what's happening. Who is she disclosing it to?

• geezer

Disclosing it to who exactly ?

Other teachers .. or just 'random members of the public' ?

Spelling ''learning'' wrong was a nice touch, by the way.

your teachers are supposed to have access to your records...who do you think the info was disclosed to?

Sue that indiscreet ho.

• ?

Sounds to me like the school system is calling all the kids learning disabled or low IQ who aren't college material. Theres no middle class anymore. Just rich and poor. Education will reflect that. All the other teachers are in on the joke so it doesn't matter.

you are flunking English . you told us that , not a teacher .

If you have a learning difficulty I'm guessing everyone in your class is going to know this, this isn't going to be a secret.

The teaching staff who come in contact with you on a regular basis are going to know you have as a matter of course anyway.