Question about a sunburn?

So my boyfriend and I went on a vacation with his family to Florida. The first day we got there we went to the beach and I put on spf 50. But I made a huge mistake because this was sunscreen that my mom gave me like 2 years ago and she might of had it even longer so it was definitely expired. But I totally forgot about that when I brought it with me. Long story short, I burned like crazy and now I have a bad sunburn. Today is our third day here and we still have like 5 more days to go, and all his family wants to do is go to the beach or bicycle in the hot sun (which I totally understand) but is it okay for me to do these things with a sunburn? I will probably sit under an umbrella or something when at the beach and when I go bicycling I will try to wear long clothes. But can I go into the water at all? Btw I did buy new sunscreen

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have a frige, keep noxzema in there.

Noxzema (/nɒkˈsiːmə/ nok-SEE-mə)[1] is a brand of skin cleanser marketed by Unilever. Since 1914, it has been sold in a small cobalt blue jar. Noxzema contains camphor, menthol, phenol and eucalyptus, among other ingredients. Originally developed as a sunburn remedy, it is frequently used as a facial cleanser and make-up remover. It can also be used for soothing chapped, sunburned, or otherwise irritated skin. Since the introduction of Noxzema, the brand name has appeared on shaving cream, razors, and skin-cleansing cloths.

Use a lot of sunscreen and only stay in the water up to 20 minutes at a time.Wear a shirt over your bathing suit.Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Lots of fluids and if blisters occur, get to the nearest ER.It could be bad.

• 7 months ago

I would suggest getting some Aloe Vera gel if you are still in pain. It will make it stop hurting overnight. It should be fine to go in the water as long as you have applied the sunscreen before and probably after would be a good idea as well.

• 7 months ago

Put on tons of aloe vera, it will make the burn go away quicker. And in the future, reapply sunscreen every hour or so. For the time being, I would stay inside. I know its a vacation and thats no fun, but the burn will worsen and you will be in pain. If you want water, take a lukewarm bath. Because of your burn, it will feel cool, and relaxing,

Source(s): I'm a pale floridian
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Lots of cool showers, and apply after sun.

Put new sunscreen on your arms and face and cover up. If you go in the water, the sunburn will be bad so try not to.

Just enjoy but be sensible.

Drink plenty of fluids.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.