Question about a sunburn?

So my boyfriend and I went on a vacation with his family to Florida. The first day we got there we went to the beach and I put on spf 50. But I made a huge mistake because this was sunscreen that my mom gave me like 2 years ago and she might of had it even longer so it was definitely expired. But I totally forgot... show more So my boyfriend and I went on a vacation with his family to Florida. The first day we got there we went to the beach and I put on spf 50. But I made a huge mistake because this was sunscreen that my mom gave me like 2 years ago and she might of had it even longer so it was definitely expired. But I totally forgot about that when I brought it with me. Long story short, I burned like crazy and now I have a bad sunburn. Today is our third day here and we still have like 5 more days to go, and all his family wants to do is go to the beach or bicycle in the hot sun (which I totally understand) but is it okay for me to do these things with a sunburn? I will probably sit under an umbrella or something when at the beach and when I go bicycling I will try to wear long clothes. But can I go into the water at all? Btw I did buy new sunscreen
4 answers 4