Drunk Cat asked in SportsRunning · 7 months ago

What shoes are good for Jogging?

• .

The kind that fit your foot and your gait. There are MANY brands of running shoes, and those brands have various shoes for people with neutral feet, people who need a little or lot of stability, etc. I personally wear a stability shoe but switched brands last year to one with a squishier sole.

There is no one brand that works for everyone. It DOES pay to buy a high quality shoe from a health standpoint. A well made shoe is going to help project you from injury far better than a cheap pair from a discount store. I buy bargain clothing, but I'll spend money on good quality shoes because my body and health are worth it.

Visit your local running store and let them watch you run and walk. They'll suggest various shoes for you, and you can try on several brands and see what feels best. I started out with Brooks brand shoes (which are great) but when I developed plantar fasciitis and needed more cushion, I switched to Hoka brand shoes and they've been great.

• Jogger2425

I had plantar fasciitis once as a result of having too many miles on my shoes. Using them for 800 miles destroyed the cushioning.

We can't tell you. Shoes that work out very well for one runner might make another runner injury prone.

Go to a store specializing in running, and ask there. In order to get some insight about shoe selection for you, they may look at wear patterns on your shoes. They may record you jogging on a treadmill.

NIKE ZOOM PEGASUS TURBO, Best for: Daily runs, tempo runs, intervals, long runs

• mars

New Balance, Asics, Saucony, Nike

• Kenny

Check out Saucony. The looks are not there but fits me well; that or Nike.

A nice pair of NB running shoes.

• .

I don't jog anymore, but when I did, I found that shoes wore out about the same rate -- and there wasn't much difference between a pair that cost 40 dollars or a pair that cost 140 dollars. So I ended up buying the cheaper ones.