How do I dismiss my traffic citation by attending traffic school/defensive driving?

A few weeks ago I received a traffic ticket for failure to yield an emergency vehicle. I have never gotten a ticket before and I have been stressing over the past few weeks. I can just pay for it, but I want to dismiss this ticket and not have it on my record and my insurance. What do I have to do? What will happen... show more A few weeks ago I received a traffic ticket for failure to yield an emergency vehicle. I have never gotten a ticket before and I have been stressing over the past few weeks. I can just pay for it, but I want to dismiss this ticket and not have it on my record and my insurance. What do I have to do? What will happen in the court? How long will it take? Do I need a lawyer? Do I have to appear in court to request driving school? What are the chances? This is in the state of Alabama by the way.