Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 7 months ago

Why does my friend wear long sleeve shirts and jeans whenever she flies even when it’s 100 degrees F out?

Wouldn’t she wear a tank top and shorts?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I see people wearing tank tops and shorts on planes. I think they're crazy! It's COLD on planes.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Planes can get quite chilly and being around that many people, it could be a safety precaution. Only she would know though.

• John P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Inside planes the temperature is around 60F to 65F. Perhaps she is a person who generally suffers from feeling cold.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Really? This isn't rocket science. Why does it matter what the temp is outside if you're never outside? That's like asking why people don't wear down jackets to sleep in when it's snowing outside their house.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

It can get quite cold on planes. But who wants to sit for five hours with their naked skin pressed against cheap nylon upholstery?

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

planes are generally kept pretty cool for both comfort and to keep bacteria down.

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

While the chances of a crash are slim. Her attire is the recommended flight clothing to survive a crash. Keeping arms and legs covered (and all skin covered) is a barrier between hot surfaces, cuts and scrapes. That can be a big problem when you have seconds to escape. I bet your friend wears sensible shoes to complete the outfit.

• 7 months ago

rnaybe the air conditioner on plane bothers her

• walmeis
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Passenger aircraft heat the air, never cool it. The atmosphere is between -20 and -80 °F (-29 and -62 °C) at airline cruising altitudes. Even in summer. Jet and turbojet aircraft use "bleed air" from the engines to heat the cabin. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleed_air

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

She wants to be comfortable when she flies and that's how she find comfort. She doesn't give a f**k what other people think.

• Ryde0n
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

To cover the track marks on her arms from years of " shooting up " .

You might be used to them but other people notice and judge .

• 7 months ago

Why aren't you asking her?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.