Books for a reluctant reader?

Update: I used to read a lot as a child but as I grew up I lost interest. I wanted to take my writing seriously but after being told "you can't be a writer if you don't read" I just gave up because I could never get into books anymore. Even when I try to re-read books I used to love. My Librarian tried... show more I used to read a lot as a child but as I grew up I lost interest. I wanted to take my writing seriously but after being told "you can't be a writer if you don't read" I just gave up because I could never get into books anymore. Even when I try to re-read books I used to love.
My Librarian tried to help me and suggested audio books that I could just listen to
Update 2: This was easier for me. But I don't think you gain the same thing, you can't see the prose. I mostly learned to write as a child from mimicking writers I was reading.
Update 3: I love writing and do it all the time but I just don't seem to have the patience to read.
Update 4: @MsBittner - I've found I like books with fewer characters that we get close to, instead of a large cast we just "visit". I tend to like movies with compelling and complex characters. I like Science Fiction but nothing too hard core. I tried some YA since it seems to be shorter, but didn't find it... show more @MsBittner - I've found I like books with fewer characters that we get close to, instead of a large cast we just "visit". I tend to like movies with compelling and complex characters. I like Science Fiction but nothing too hard core. I tried some YA since it seems to be shorter, but didn't find it challenging enough. I like Psychology things. Dystopian. Fantasy. (History but I prefer to read non-fiction for that). Thanks for helping