Jay asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 7 months ago

How to Decide on a Gun?

I'm really wanting to buy a gun, but I honestly don't know much about the different types.

I'm just looking for something easily concealed, deadly, and has rapid fire, accuracy isn't that important, but if I can get it, I'll take it.

Hopefully you guys can help, thank you!

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

I recommend you get a revolver in .22 caliber manufactured of non-corrosive materials. This is an example:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-317-ki...

Get > professional < training. Don't try to teach yourself how to shoot or learn from a friend (unless the friend is a certified handgun instructor). Also take the concealed carry class, even if you don't plan to carry it concealed. The class will give you a basic (very basic) understanding of the laws.

Then practice regularly. It being a .22 and easy to clean & maintain will make that more practical.

Finally, what caliber you use in self-defense in far, far less important than HITTING THE TARGET. A weapon you are familiar + proficient with and which you can control for multiple shots is the key, not ammunition size.

• 7 months ago

What you want is available, What I think you should get to start is a Double action Revolver, plain 4 inch barrel like Ruger, S&W or Taurus, Rossi . .38 special or .357 mag. Use target load wadcutters for learning to shoot and hit what you aim at. Practice 2 hand hold, weaver stance and old 'Punch' with one hand shot as British police and military were taught in double action- basic 'point and click' I used to sometimes carry before permit laws. 4 inch colt Police, or 6 inch trooper with 6 inch barrel in .357. , H&R .32 was cab driving gun., 1911 Colt Army surplus was shoulder holster carry for night run deliveries into Chicago, pickup parts warehouse morning.

• 7 months ago

So you want to rapidly fire, but not hit anything, using a gun you can hide on your person and if it were to somehow strike someone, they'd probably die...

• Don't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Accuracy is vital!!. If it is not accurate and you are doing rapid fire you are throwing bullets all over the place and could hit someone else. I suggest you start with the basics, get a single action Ruger Single 6 or Single 10 and learn how to shoot. You will be far less likely to hurt someone with that type of gun.

• 7 months ago

PLEASE take an NRA Basic Pistol course (probably available through a local gun shop or range) before you decide on a gun. They will even give you range time with different guns as part of the course.

• 7 months ago

A gun is pretty useless if you can't hit what you aim for.

My suggestion is a gun safety course with the NRA, there, you will learn guns and have a better idea what you ar in the market for.

Carrying concealed takes gun safety to a higher level yet, all but 11 states mandate training and permits.

One of my carry guns is small very easily concealed, semi auto fires as fast as you pull the trigger, certainly accurate enough, and quite lethal, The AMT backup Kurz in .380 Many call it a poodle shooter, but WILL stop a bad guy.

• Vela
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

a glock will serve it's purpose

only the mentally ill think they need an assault rifle

• Richard
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I bought a Colt 6920 LE today. Great deal. Could not pass it up. Good shooting.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It's illegal to own a gun

• Jay7 months agoReport

Not where I live. I'm of age for a gun in Texas

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It depends on what you will do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.