What Is The Difference Between A Mansion And A Villa Style House?

I'm a bit confused of whats the difference between the two because both are large and spacious with both also having luxurious amenities.

N.B: I'm not referring to a row of house type villa, i'm actually referring to a large country house type.Thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A villa-style mansion can exist, but it must meet the other qualifications of a mansion. It must not only exceed a certain square footage - which can vary based on where it is, In New York City, 5,000 square feet might qualify, because there aren't a lot of residences that large. Anyone with the resources may have maintained a large residence in the city where they worked, but would have built their mansion outside the city where land was available and not as expensive.

But in the areas around Atlanta or Houston, a 5,000 square foot house might be found in clusters in the suburbs. To qualify as a mansion, it has to truly stand out from what's in the area.

This is not only just square footage, but in the quality of construction and in the amenities offered. Mansions have special rooms or areas designed for specific purposes, and in greater quantity than just your large, upscale house.

Villa is just a style. Therefore, a villa-style could be a mansion.

• Stefano7 months agoReport

Hahaha thanks for answering again.I'm actually searching for a house and deciding which one to buy a mansion or that large villa for a good price.but thanks again for explaining clearly between the two.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

No you are not.

You have asked and been answered before.

Trolling,

noun: villa; plural noun: villas

(especially in continental Europe) a large and luxurious country residence.

[*] a large country house of Roman times, having an estate and consisting of farm and residential buildings arranged around a courtyard.

[*] British: a detached or semidetached house in a residential district, typically one that is Victorian or Edwardian in style.

[*] A mansion is a large dwelling house. The word itself derives through Old French from the Latin word mansio "dwelling", an abstract noun derived from the verb manere "to dwell".

• 7 months ago

A mansion has many rooms, whereas a vila has fewer rooms in it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.