Gf wants me to stop talking to our mutual friend?

My girlfriend and I have been together for a little over 2 years. My girlfriend and I have a long term friends of ours. His name is Kaleb. Kaleb knew my girlfriend first and then we kind of met. But Kaleb told me a week ago that my girlfriend was cheating . He basically said she was trying to make a move on him.... show more My girlfriend and I have been together for a little over 2 years. My girlfriend and I have a long term friends of ours. His name is Kaleb.
Kaleb knew my girlfriend first and then we kind of met. But Kaleb told me a week ago that my girlfriend was cheating . He basically said she was trying to make a move on him. Now I have found out that he went around telling people that she tried to make a move on him. Which made me upset because I wanted him and my girlfriend and I to discuss it together. But instead a few people know now so it’s no longer a private matter.
My girlfriend has told me she thinks I should stop talking to him. But if she didn’t do anything why would she care if we still communicate. Is this suspicious ?
TL:DR; I do trust my girlfriend but I also have been let down before. Instead of arguing i just wanted to know why he would say such a thing since he is friends with me as well as my girlfriend