I m pregnant and the father passed away before he knew I was.?

I m 28 years old and I was dating a guy for almost 3 months. On the day of my birthday he passed away in a car accident. Four days later, I find out I m pregnant with his child. I m not sure if I should keep the baby or not? My mother knows and is excited and told the whole family. I m stuck and scared. I don t know if having a child is a good thing or not. Can you please help.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

I would. Maybe it’s meant to happen for you to have the little guy or girl

• John P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The choice is entirely yours in those circumstances. I know that some mothers get excited when their daughters are "starting to have a family", but it is your life. If you feel "stuck and scared" it seems that you might not be ready for the pressures of motherhood.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

adoption

what will you live on ? $$

• 7 months ago

It's totally up to you. There's plenty of single moms out there that make it just fine. You even have an edge with your mom showing support.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MissA
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

This is not a decision anybody can make for you. Are you emotionally and financially prepared to raise a child as a single mother? Are you generally okay with abortion or do you find it distressing? Would you *want* to become a mother if the circumstances were more ideal than they are now?

Once you have those questions answered you should have a clearer idea of where to go next.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yôu śhôuld probably consider either Abortion

or Adoption as it is very hard being a single

mum but only you can ultimately decide ťhôugh.

• 7 months ago

It is a good thing, as back the war years of WW2. men going overseas to war wanted to leave a wife or girl friend pregnant, so even if he were killed, he'd still leave part of him back home to live and to grow up to carry on his heritage to the future.

• God
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

A lot depends on your financial situation. It sounds like your mother will be helpful. The final choice is up to you.

• 7 months ago

I can't imagine the pain the loneliness you must now be going through. I wish you all the best in the future.

Obviously no one can make this important personal decision but you, and please don't feel you need to decide based only on someone else's opinion.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the pain of your boyfriend's death, followed by the discovery of the pregnancy mean you are currently in a very emotionally vulnerable state, and that's not the time to be making important decisions. You won't feel like you do now later on. Now you can gather information, compare the pros and cons, and if you are a woman of faith, pray about issues. Think long term. How will you feel 5 or 10 years from now? If you are comfortable with that answer, you know what you need to do.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

sounds like your mother will be very supportive if you decide to have it. it would be a nice legacy though.

(P.S. I hope you don't live in Alabama)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.