How do you know if your engine locks up ?

I got my car from a repair shop yesterday, they replaced the radiator and when I pulled away the car drove good until a message on my dash said that the engine was over heating, I pulled over and waited for a minute and it started up again the it drove for about 15 minutes before the engine started to get hot again... show more I got my car from a repair shop yesterday, they replaced the radiator and when I pulled away the car drove good until a message on my dash said that the engine was over heating, I pulled over and waited for a minute and it started up again the it drove for about 15 minutes before the engine started to get hot again I called the repair company and while I waited on them my coolant tank was empty. I put the coolant in and then it came right out. Come to find out they didn t attach the tube that goes from the radiator to the engine. They got there and the ended up putting the tube on but now the care won t start. The lights on the dash and the radio comes on but the car just won t start they took it back to the shop to check the battery but I think my engine may have locked up I don t know what do you guys think ?
5 answers 5