Do you agree with many people that a straight actor should not be allowed to play gay roles, such as Elton John?

Or do you agree with Elton John that its bullsh**t.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9100258/elto...

Now of course, this comes from the left. When I stated this before, I was criticized with, "how do you know they're on the left."

How? I live in reality. To argue that this isn't from the left is ludicrous.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

no, just like gay actors should be allowed to play straight roles, its called acting for a reason, you are pretending to be someone whom you arent

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

That's right. They are all Gay.

1 year ago

I don't blame them for never raising the issue. I suppose that it could be argued that the straight guy was doing an impression, like Blackface, of something he cannot experience in depth. Fuggeddabouit!

• 1 year ago

Gay isn't a real thing though.

• 1 year ago

No, definitely not. They sound like the type of people that'd get offended if we said, "then gay actors shouldn't be allowed to play straight roles."

• 1 year ago

Who gives a s h it! God you loony leftists look for every reason to get upset!

• 1 year ago

What do actors do for a living, they pretend to be somebody else. Don't see a problem there

• ron h
    1 year ago

"left?" get you nose out of donnie's ***.

1 year ago

who cares it’s just a movie/show it’s not that deep (@ the people who think no)

• JuanB
    1 year ago

I think it should be a huge consideration. On the other hand, I think that a singer/actor should play a Singer. So now you are cutting it pretty narrow - gay, singer British, under 30....Singing might be more important.

But hey, when it comes to when they make a movie about your life, YOU get to choose who plays you. So if Elton John is okay with the choice, so am I.

• Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

Elton Sucks live. The singing will all have to be dubbed in, anyway.

• 1 year ago

No, that’s why it’s called acting. If the role was won by someone who’d earned it, sexual preference is immaterial. Haven’t any idea who’d balked at the fact that Elton John even felt was foolish, and couldn’t care less. Heard the movie’s fantastic.