Stella asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 months ago

How do you induce a period, or delay it?

Hi all,

This may sound like a silly question, but I’m hoping to find a way of inducing my period about a week early, or delaying it by about 2 weeks. I have had a really difficult two months health wise, uni exams and all with huge family upset, and the one of the only thing that has kept me going is this festival I’m going to a day after my birthday next month. Unfortunately this is when I’m due on my period, and camping on your period I will will ruin the experience, especially as I’m a dancer and want to feel comfortable, and without cramps.. and the thought of having to sort my business out in Festival toilets is upsetting...

I have tried the contraceptive pill Rigevidon in the past, however It appears I am allergic :(

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do? This means a lot to me. Thank you in advance xx

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

never fool with your bodily functions

• Login to reply the answers
  • juliet
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

How far away are you from starting? If you have at least two weeks or so,and If you start birth control today, it will be delayed about 3-4 weeks if you want to have a period. The beautiful thing about birth control is that you can delay your periods if you don’t want one by taking active pills only and skipping the placebos.

• Stella8 months agoReport

I’m currently on now, and due on next June 19th - my birthday :(. I think I will consider getting the pill - if they have a type I am not allergic to! Thanks for your help Juliet x

• Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Your doctor can prescribe something o elay it.

• ...Show all comments
    • Sal*UK
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Yees - that simple particularly if you get an appointment wih a woman doctor! I've used it in the past (Norethisterone) but it really messes up your cycle and really disagreed with me - felt really ill on it. Never again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.