Amazon Employee Vacation Time?

Hi all! I had about 9 hours and something minutes of vacation time and decided to take Sunday (May 26th) off to spend time with my family before Memorial Day. I asked my manager about how long Vacation time takes to accept because I wouldn't get the next three+ hours until Friday! He said as long as the... show more Hi all!
I had about 9 hours and something minutes of vacation time and decided to take Sunday (May 26th) off to spend time with my family before Memorial Day.
I asked my manager about how long Vacation time takes to accept because I wouldn't get the next three+ hours until Friday! He said as long as the projected balance says I would have time to cover it come the day, it would be fine to go ahead and request the day off. Sunday (May 19th) I went ahead and requested for the 26th off. It got approved yesterday, but now my time is negative by forty minutes!!!
Now I have two questions:
One, are we allowed to request use vacation time if the balance will be covered come that day?
Two, am I going to lose my job over this?! I triple checked with my manager before I did it, but he kept assuring me we could do it! I'm freaking out that I'm going to wind up getting fired because my time went negative over this!!
0