Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 7 months ago

Would I have problems sponsoring my fiancee if I am in a huge amount of credit card debt?

So I owe about $2,000 in credit card debt from best buy and bank of america and etc. I am in between jobs at the moment and so I am having issues paying off my debt. I am going to ho chi minh city next year and I am supposed to be meeting this young lady who is a potential spouse to be. Either way if things don't work out with this girl who my aunt setted me up doesn't work then I will go to an marriage broker and get set up and get married. Which means either way I'm getting married. I am wondering if my credit card debts will get in the way. Would I have issues sponsoring a woman if I have all of these debts owe ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Could be a very heavy burden to lift. Financial Responsibility is

Key to successful Immigration.

• 7 months ago

No job , no visa .

No money , no honey ...

• 7 months ago

Yes, but that's not what's going to stop you. The reason you won't be able to sponsor anyone is that you don't have enough income -- or actually any, if you are between jobs. To be allowed to sponsor someone, you must show that you will be able to support both yourself and the person whom you are sponsoring, because they won't be allowed to work at first.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It won't be your privately held debt that's the problem but rather your lack of employment. But in past questions you've indicated that your parents are quite the enablers. So they can sign the Affidavit of Support for you to sponsor this (imaginary) mail order bride.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You must make a certain amount, based on how many people you support currently about $22,000 if just you and her

Your debt really doesn't matter as long as you are not behind

You must show 3 years tax returns that prove you make enough money, being unemployed means it ain't going to happen for ast least 3 more years of steady employment

Plus as has been pointed out on your previous questions use a marriage broker and she ain't ever coming to the US

• 7 months ago

You need a steady job making at least $22,000/year with three years of tax returns to prove it.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You keep posting this. Instead of wasting our time why don't you look up spouse visas for the US. It will tell you all you need to know.

• 7 months ago

you would have difficulties sponsoring a woman if your only income is state handouts. Get a job. The credit card debt is the least of your worries.

• 7 months ago

Credit card debt is irrelevant. Unemployment is very relevant. You must prove you earn enough to support self, all dependents, plus the person(s) you want to sponsor. Expect you must have worked a minimum of 6 months at sufficient annual earnings at the new job before you can file for your fiancé/spouse. Leave your new spouse in Vietnam, return to US, get a job & suitable home for you & your wife, then you can file. Spouse visa can easily take 1-2 years after filing.

• 7 months ago

That's not an excessive amount of credit card debt, but I can't see how you can sponsor anyone while you are inbetween jobs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.