Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 7 months ago

What do I do if my dentist pulled out the wrong teeth?

I'm a 16 year old with braces, and two weeks ago I went to the dentist to get my wisdom teeth removed. He removed two teeth from my top row, and everything seemed fine. However, I went to my orthodontist, who does my braces, today-- and it turns out that my dentist had pulled out both of my back molars.

What am I supposed to do? I saw an article from searching up what happens when you get a back molar pulled out and it was really scary. According to it, it's very likely that the teeth surrounding it will begin to degenerate and the area will severely deteriorate. I don't want this to happen and I'm panicking because what on earth can I do to fix this?

Please help me out here !!! I am crying as as I write this because I'm scared my teeth will decay :-)

Gee I'd make him fix all my teeth for free

• Math

Back ones are wisdom. I got 4 extracted for wisdom.

Sue them. Horrible situation.

those are your wisdom teeth

sue him.

Well if the oral surgeon messed up, you can always sue him.

• Tavy

The back molars ARE your wisdom teeth. Load of nonsense about the rest deteriorating. I had mine out 40 years ago, my mouth and jaw are the same.

I have not been to dentist for years. The last time I went, they hurt my teeth gum and it was a painful experience.

The wisdom teeth is a nickname for your 3rd set of molars.

This is the last group of molars in your mouth.

Based on what I think you are telling us, the oral surgeon pulled the correct teeth.

• ?

Let your wisdom teeth grow in. Problem solved.