Within a specific presentation, PowerPoint seems to be proofing in UK English even though it is set to US English? PLEASE HELP?

I don't know how else to explain it. Suddenly, in one of my slideshows, PowerPoint has started underlining words like "color" and "odor" as if they don't even exist, and suggesting I replace them with the British versions. I checked the proofing language multiple times and it is still... show more I don't know how else to explain it. Suddenly, in one of my slideshows, PowerPoint has started underlining words like "color" and "odor" as if they don't even exist, and suggesting I replace them with the British versions. I checked the proofing language multiple times and it is still set to US English.

Word and Excel are NOT having this problem. It's only PowerPoint. And the weirdest part is that I just realized it's only doing this inside one certain presentation file. I would try to rebuild it, but it's long and I don't want to mess up the templates and slide masters which were built by someone else.

Don't tell me to just add the words to my dictionary. I don't want a quick fix, I want a solution that will actually get to the root of whatever is going on here. PLEASE HELP.
1 answer 1