Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 7 months ago

Can I get diabetes from too much sugar even though I am a high metabolism 15-year-old?

Is it something I should worry about, or is it only if one consumes an extremely high amount of sugar?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

you cannot eat your way to be a diabetic, if you are not predisposed to having it

• 7 months ago

there is a diabetes epidemic in young people today because of the crappy diets people are eating.

if you're concerned stop eating foods containing sugars and grains. High carbohydrate foods cause a blood glucose (sugar) spike in our bodies And every time our blood sugar spikes over 140, there is damage done to blood vessels and nerves in our body.

We DO NOT REQUIRE sugar or grains in our diet. Humans never have.

• 7 months ago

If you eat it every day for a long time then there is a possibility it can put you at a higher risk of type 2 diabetes just as carbohydrates and a general bad diet can but you could eat lots of sugar every day for next 50 years with no problems or you could eat a healthy diet and still get type 2 just from bad luck but in general it is from bad diet and lack of exercise and it is not the fact we don't have enough insulin but it is because the body cant process it properly. I was 52 when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I had no symptoms when diagnosed and my diet was average.

• Lauren
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Eating a large amount of sugar does not cause diabetes. Diabetes (Type II) is caused by not enough insulin to take care of the sugar that is in your body. If your body is working normally, eating a large amount of sugar will not cause a significant problem. However, it's not a good thing to do on a regular basis, as it can contribute to your body becoming resistant to insulin. Eat healthy and get exercise to help prevent diabetes. Diabetes also has genetic components so if it runs in your family, you could still get it even with the exercise and eating healthy. Do your best to stay at a healthy weight and eat healthy. Ask your doctor for specific advice about when you need to get additional testing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

There is a possibility. You have a higher risk if it runs in your family. It is never good to have too much sugar at once. Plan for you future because what you do now may effect you later.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

If you eat it once in a while then not an issue. If that is your daily thing, then there may be a chance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.