Motorcycle vs car; which is worth buying?

so my car recently got totaled someone ran the light and t'boned me in the intersection. don't have any mode of transportation atm so im still looking around. i eventually want to get my motorcycle license and looking around they are not too pricey compared to some cars that i considered purchasing. i... show more so my car recently got totaled someone ran the light and t'boned me in the intersection. don't have any mode of transportation atm so im still looking around.

i eventually want to get my motorcycle license and looking around they are not too pricey compared to some cars that i considered purchasing. i read insurance is a lot more typically.

im single so it's not like i REALLY need a car as it's typically just me besides when i go grocery shopping. the biggest issue however is i do live in Hawaii it can rain quite frequently here mostly during the winter time. due to this which would be a better investment?
Update: thanks for the answers. i think i will hold off on the motorcycle for now. buy a cheap car. someone died today in my state on a motorcycle someone hit him in a no passing zone a 21 year old man not he is going to prison. not scared tbh just would need the trunk space more for groceries and other stuff.