gaby asked in HealthMental Health · 7 months ago

Pea sized lump on my right breast?

Today I was laying down in bed with my boyfriend when suddenly he feels the side of my right breast (one cm to the right of nipple and possibly three centimeters up) and realizes there's a weird tiny lump just there.

It does hurt a bit when I pinch it and its not really super firm.

My breasts have been extremly tender and tight in way, for about a week or two now. I know that breast tenderness is common sympotms of your period, but I have been taking birth control without the 'sugar' pills for about almost two weeks now as well, so I know I won't be getting my period this month around or any after that.

Im not sure if my breast are feeling this way due to the amount of hormones I'm ingesting or if something could really be wrong. I have been taking my pills everyday at the same time with no pills missed. I have scheduled an appointment with my GM but I've just non stop been worrying myself and googling syptoms which have only set my mind in a worse place.

Im 18 years old and know that breast cancer is super unlikely to girls my age but its also said that it isn't impossible.

I have smoked e-cigarrettes for a year and recently quit about a month ago, incase that may have something to do with it.

I would love all the help I could get for right now until my appointment, wether that's advice or personal experience/knowledge that you can help me with to ease my mind.

Thank you !

That’s called a Nipple. Kidding. Okay go to your doctor and get it checked out. May be breast cancer.

• LAN

Funny how it's always "pea sized with this idiot that thinks creating a new account is a brilliant disguise even though she always uses the same phrases over and over isn't it?

We didn't need the great long thing.

Lump in breast = see your doctor like yesterday.

• Pippin

Lump in breast in an 18 year old is normal and common and does NOT need a doctor visit -- certainly not an emergency one. Doctors would spend all their time evaluating normal cysts, and have no time for people who are sick.

• Pippin

Breasts are not smooth bags that are the same in every spot or every day. Your breasts contain milk glands and lymph nodes and all sorts of things that can create little lumps and swellings. Cysts are extremely common, and can react (grow and shink) to hormonal changes, both natural hormones and those you ingest in pills.

And a breast cancer lump would not be tender or painful, and wouldn't make your whole breast (or both of them) sore.

The odds of breast cancer in a woman your age are virtually zero. Yes -- it could happen. But you could also win Powerball.

See your doctor if you are having pain and it doesn't go away. It could be many things -- but not cancer.