What’s more effective in weight loss in your opinion?

Weight lifting or cardio? Or both? And obviously a good balanced healthy diet. I am trying to lose weight and I noticed that when I go for it I only ever do cardio and I find it hard to tone up after. I feel like I lose weight but I want to tone up and get lean body muscle. Should I do cardio and weightlifting... show more Weight lifting or cardio?
Or both?
And obviously a good balanced healthy diet.

I am trying to lose weight and I noticed that when I go for it I only ever do cardio and I find it hard to tone up after. I feel like I lose weight but I want to tone up and get lean body muscle.
Should I do cardio and weightlifting or should I do weight lifting first and then cardio or should I just do one or the other but a different way??
I usually do intense interval training and like I said I do lose weight but I feel I don’t lose it right?? I feel I lose it too fast and end up failing.
Idk what I’m doing wrong. Am I eating. Too little?? Idk. I eat around 1500 calories but I feel for how much I would work out I need to eat more but I don’t have the appetite to eat more. I don’t understand ...