If I had liver disease, and have had symptoms for over one year, would it be obvious by now that I have it? Wouldn't I be dead by now?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

no you wouldn't and i would know as i had stage one liver and kidney cancer caused by my cirrhosis of my liver which came from my Hepatitis C and thanks to the medication my doctor put me on and the fact that i quit drinking i no longer have any of those

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

That would depend on what kind of liver disease.

If its from alcohol and you stopped drinking, your liver can regenerate and repair itself once you stop damaging it.

If its from hepatitis C, that kind of liver damage occurs slowly over years.

Yellow eyes, yellow skin and enlarged belly are outward signs of liver disease. Being tired a lot, and bleeding easily and belly pain are other symptoms.

Source(s): hubby had hep c. had a transplant and eventually passed away after 10 years.
  • 9 months ago

Liver disease is progressive. It can be reversed or partially reversed by using the ketogenic diet. Videos on the subject on YouTube. It might be worth a look

• ...Show all comments
    • ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

will NOT "cure" Hepatitis of any kind, much less Hep C. By early 2005, he was on the list for another liver but the hep c had also damaged his heart, kidneys and lungs. things have progressed a lot in the last 14 years but there is NO diet that will cure hep c.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Fatty liver.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

some symptoms go unnoticed. however, from what i've seen there are different types. some people just have liver disease and just have to watch their diet/what medication they take. others have liver failure or cirrhosis of the liver.

from what i recall, i think gall bladder problems have very similar if not the same symptoms. you should do some research because it might not be serious right now but if you don't get help then you could die.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.