Is sexting considered cheating and should I stay with my boyfriend?

I’ve caught my boyfriend on multiple occasions talking to othe girls online and sending dick pics. He says it’s just role playing but I’ve told him before that I consider it cheating and he still did it just a few months later. I don’t really know what I should do. He says he won’t do it again but he’s said that before. I love him and want to stay with him but at the same time I feel like I deserve better.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I would consider it cheating since he's sending dic pics.

Try this. Take a picture of your own girl parts. Don't send it to him but show it to him and tell him you've sent it to someone you've been role playing with. He should be fine with it if he's being honest.

• 7 months ago

Sexting is cheating if YOU feel it is. Yeah, we know the old story. "I love him and want to stay with him". Good luck. Stop complaining. You are making the choice.

• 7 months ago

Flirty texts are one thing. Sexting or sending nudes is another and I would consider that cheating.

If you've voiced your disapproval and he still does it... It's time to move on to a guy that respects your opinions and won't treat you that way.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

If it bothers YOU, then it is cheating. Doesn't matter if he thinks it is cheating.

His behavior indicates that he cares a lot about how HE feels, but does NOT care how YOU feel.

Don't stay with someone who doesn't value you.

And he lies to you and you buy in it, so you stay.

Time to break up. IF you want to be happy.

I doubt if you actually love him. Unless you two have been living together for 2-3 or more years, what you are feeling is attachment, but that is a selfish emotion that has nothing to do with love.

Love means accepting the other person as they are, and that requires that WE face our fear, insecurity and hurt and work with our own emotions ... rather than demanding that our partner changes so WE aren't uncomfortable.

Only those who are whole inside and skilled at dealing with their emotions are able to love.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

leave him, he doesn't love you enough to stop sending pics and sexting other girls.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.