Is there any housing assistance Philadelphia would provide for someone relocating from NYC?

My boyfriend and I would like to move out of NYC because it is just too expensive. He works and I'm actively looking to return to work. We have a 9 month old. My boyfriend lives with his father and I live with my parents in NJ. We would be much more comfortable if we were living together. Him only seeing his... show more My boyfriend and I would like to move out of NYC because it is just too expensive. He works and I'm actively looking to return to work. We have a 9 month old. My boyfriend lives with his father and I live with my parents in NJ. We would be much more comfortable if we were living together. Him only seeing his son during the weekend isn't enough. I don't know much about transitional housing, but would they help for about 2-3 months? A family friend offered us jobs but we would have to accept within a month. Our only problem is we don't have the funds to just pack up and get an apartment. I figure we should have at least $3k if we were to get a $700/month apartment. We only have about a third. We plan to work once there and save until we're able to comfortably get a decent 1 bedroom apartment. Thank you.