Why are westclox dialites hardly recognized anymore?

This is a westclox dialite (today's recent version). It is an electric a.c. powered alarm clock with a face of a clock and the clock has a dial that is always lit. It didn't have a battery back up and the device was very simple, and straight forward. When I was young these alarm clocks were very standard,... show more This is a westclox dialite (today's recent version). It is an electric a.c. powered alarm clock with a face of a clock and the clock has a dial that is always lit. It didn't have a battery back up and the device was very simple, and straight forward.

When I was young these alarm clocks were very standard, they came in all sorts of designs, they ranged from plain to very artistic looking, and the dial would continuously be lit but only visible in the night time. The dial stayed lit all throughout the day and couldn't be turned off or disabled, it was so dim however during the daytime you never recogned it until when you turn the lights off The glow begin to be seen. The old ones (not this one in the picture) had a soothing buzz alarm but this current version has a ascending beep alarm.

It is just the fact that today people don't know anything about these and these hardly show up in stores. They aren't mass produced anymore with various styles and designs. Isn't it sad how this alarm clock is nearly non existent today? They still make them i don't know how long which they will continue to make them.